Sunday, May 12, 2013

Our First Mother's Day!

Hello Evie!

Today was a very special day...we celebrated Mother's Day! It's my very first one! I want to say that it was the perfect day, but everything that frustrated me today will soon become something that we laugh at. Like the time mommy dropped her iPhone in the toilet and we were't able to go see Iron Man 3. Or that the lady in the nursery at Aunt Melissa and Uncle Ryan's church gave you the wrong bottle. Or the huge fight that me and Nan got into. For awhile there, I was pretty sure that nothing would turn the day around. But after some crying and pouting, your awesome dad came in and saved the day.

For my first Mother's Day, I didn't get any fancy jewelry or bath fizzies or breakfast in bed or whatever it is that mom's usually get. On Friday night your dad came in from work and gave me the sweetest gift! In 2011 we went to Madrid, and on our last full day we spent the afternoon in Retiro Park and had a big Spanish picnic. So for my gift, he got me everything to recreate that picnic! So he suggested that this afternoon, we pack up all that good stuff, spread out a blanket, and have picnic together!

Thank you for such a wonderful Mother's Day, and thank you for making me a mommy. I love you Evie!

xox-mommy


























No comments:

Post a Comment