Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First Time Sick :(

Hello Evie! 
My sweet girl! It's after 4 in the afternoon and you're finally taking a good nap. We've spent a good part of the afternoon at the pediatrician. After spending most of yesterday at the pool, after we got home Dad noticed you felt a little warm. So we took your temp and you had a 101.8 fever! I immediately left a message with the answering service, gave you some Tylenol, and they told me to just watch you and make sure nothing got worse. 

I had to wake you up at 9 this morning, which is very late for you! Well you fussed all day long. It was obvious you just didn't feel good, but you were so cuddly! We snuggled up and watched the Today Show together and had a low key morning. 


All 3 of our thermometers gave me different readings. On top of that, you had a heat rash that not only wasn't going away, but was getting worse. 

Off to the pediatrician we went! 


Your rash got pretty bad and is all over you! 


(Please don't kill me one day for posting these pics!)

Dr. McCollum wasn't in today, so we saw Dr. Stone. He ordered some blood work to make sure your levels weren't too high. 


But after all that fuss, you just have a fever virus. Should clear up in a few days, but it just broke my heart to see you not being your happy smiley self! 

I know there will be many times in your life that I will be taking you to the doctor, but today was the first! I will always be by your side when you don't feel good, and will make you grilled cheese sandwiches and do whatever I have to do to make sure you get better. I love you so much baby girl!! 

xox - mommy

(You woke up as I was finishing up writing this. I brought you back here with me and after some more pitiful fussing, you fell asleep on me and have been like this for almost an hour. You are in such a deep sleep, I really think it's the first time you've been comfortable all day. I'll lay here perfectly still as long as I need to. I love this :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment