Monday, July 29, 2013

Little Bitty Clothes

Hello Evie! 
Just a few days shy of your 5 month birthday, I'm going through your clothes that you've outgrown. I can't lie, I'm having a hard time. Today I bought you 12 months size shorts in the toddler section at Target! 

I had to keep a few things that have sentimental value though. The seersucker and stripey dress I bought at the same time, just after you born, and shortly thereafter the purple romper. They were the first outfits I bought for you, and you have worn them a lot! When you're big and grown and I think about those early days with you, these are the outfits I'll always imagine you wearing. The gray and yellow pants you wore a lot too. The first week we were home together, you would wear the yellow ones with the white onesie with the little pink elephants, and I would just stare at you sleeping, so tiny and cuddled up on me, and would think that I have the most amazing baby ever. The stripey pants you wore home from the hospital, and even though they don't fit you great, obviously I can't get rid of them! Then there are your first pair of skinny jeans. Oh my goodness, the cuteness. I got such a kick out of my little 6 week old rockin' her skinnies. The polka dot hat actually goes with a sleep sack that you wore those first few weeks. We'd swaddle you up tight and I'd go and check on you all through the night to make sure the hat was still on your head. It would always be cold in your nursery since March was so such a cold month in Alabama this year. 



These teeny tiny little clothes are just more proof that my teeny tiny baby girl won't always be my teeny tiny baby girl. You're growing up so fast, and I hold on to every second that I have with you the best that I can. It's amazing to watch you grow and see you experience things for the first time. But it's also really hard to know that I'll never have this time back. Quitting my job is the best thing I've ever done. You are the most amazing gift, and maybe mommy is silly that she's sitting here in your nursery crying while she types this, but I just love you so much that I don't even know what to do with all of that love!! 

xox-mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment